Diploma in Beauty, Fashion, Theatre, Media and SFX Makeup Artistry!
|Description:||Diploma in Beauty, Fashion, Theatre, Media & Make up Artistry|
|Location:||13 Anglesea Street, Temple Bar Dublin 2|
|Duration:||7 Months | Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays 10am- 4pm|
|Award:||International ITEC Accreditation|
|Price:||Total: €5,500 | Deposit: €200|
|Start Date:||Monday 10th Sept 2018|
This course covers EVERYTHING from Module 1 and 2 that you and more… module 3 delves deeper into Makeup Artistry, introducing you to makeup for TV, Fashion, Glamour, Photographic Makeup, Theatre, Ageing, Characters, Fantasy Makeup, Body art, Airbrushing, Special Effects Makeup.
Module 3 is an intense and packed course, embracing you with the knowledge and skill to become fully equipped to pursue a successful career in all areas of Makeup Artistry.
This in extensive training will qualify you to work worldwide in all make up opening opportunities.
Additional End of term Cost: Optional ITEC Accreditation Fee €150.
(Please note that deposits are non-refundable)
All students will have a written reference to show employers for some sort of makeup work that they will have completed throughout the course. Some students may have more than one Reference depending on how much work experience they choose to complete.
10th September – 27th March 2019
Holidays dates during your 7 months training, 29th October / 5th November & 24th December / 7th January
What will you study?
Everything module 1 & 2 covers plus:
• Theatre & Stage Makeup.
• Elizabethan/Egyptian/Geisha/Kabuki/Period Makeup
• Theatrical Aging/Character Makeup
• Special Effects Makeup
• Airbrushing & Body Painting
• Lighting & The Effects
• Photography – What to expect, how to source and understand a shoot
• Work Experience
• Portfolio Shoots, Your Portfolio & Getting Started
• Professionalism – Industry Training
• Professional Conduct & Business Awareness
• Fashion Show & Make Up Exhibition
- Discount Cards for Top Makeup Brands.
- College Uniform: The Makeup Crew Tee-Shirt and Hoodie
- Makeup Brand Pro Discount Cards
- Unlimited training classes.
- Work Experience Opportunities (During and after you course)
- Professional Makeup starter kit included
- Professional Makeup Brush Set
- Additional Equipment Supplied
- Discounted parking (€10 Day rate to all Makeup Crew students in Fleet-street car park).
- Master class with Inglot and Makeup forever.
When you finish
On completion of your course you will have will hold a Diploma in Beauty, Fashion Media, Theatre and SFX Make up.
• If you are choosing to take the ITEC Accreditation you will also hold an ITEC Accredited Certificate in Make up and a Diploma in Fashion Theatre and media make up.
• A Professional Make up portfolio and have worked on your own photo shoot, shooting all you own designed Make up looks.
• Ongoing support.
A Professional basic make up kit is include in this course but an extra Special effects kit is required this is an extra 215.00 payable on the first day.
Also for your course all students will need “The Art and science of beauty therapy book” – Revised edition edited by Jane Foulston, This is available from Easons and online (This will not be needed for day one but during your course for theory and exams).
In addition to the above you will also study:
Prosthetic’s how to…
• Apply a gelatin prosthetic appliance.
• Apply a silicone prosthetic appliance.
• Make a reliable bald cap using Pliatex molding rubber.
• Apply a foam latex prosthetic appliance
• Apply a rubber bald cap.
• Apply multiple prosthetic appliances to create an individual
“character” appearance utilizing an airbrush.
• Create and apply realistic temporary tattoos.
Injury Unit how to…
• Create bruises with proper stippling technique.
• Create two-dimensional scrapes and scratches with the use of a
black stipple sponge or brush.
• Apply indented scars and raised keloid scars.
• Create cuts and lacerations using a silicone compound.
• Create wax bullet holes, both entrance and exit wounds.
• Apply foam latex and gelatin prosthetic appliances to create an
• Create a first, second and third degree burns; as well as, put them
together for a gruesome look.
• Create ice and snow effects using Ultra Ice and Ice Powder.
• Photo Assignment
• Complete a character suitable for the portfolio.
Whats included in your free kit
- Lightweight kit bag
- 12 hole eye Empty palette
- 10 Hole cheek Empty palette
- 4 liquid Foundations
- Loose powder
- Lip Pencil
- Cake liner
- Water resistant, Mascara
- Brow fix
- Black Eye Pencil
- 15 piece Pro makeup brush set
- Make up crew canvas bag
- Make up crew Tshirt
- Make up crew hoodie
Certificates you will Receive
Each student will receive Two Certificates on completion of any of our courses an ITEC international recognized Certificate and a Make up crew Industry Certificate along with a full portfolio of work completed during your course.
So for many who don’t know the full scoop on The Makeup Crew we also have a sister company that provides for the ladies of Dublin not only fabulous…
Need More Info?
We will respond within 24 hours.